City of Centreville, Alabama
1270 Walnut Street, Centreville, Alabama 35042
Phone (205) 926-4995 Fax (205) 926-5443
Under the authority granted by the Constitution of Alabama the City Council adopted a Zoning Ordinance. The first Zoning Ordinance was adopted in 1981. The Council adopted a new Zoning Ordinance which went into effect on June 1, 2014, updating and replacing the 1981 Ordinance. Zoning Ordinances are intended as a tool to plan progressive growth, preserve the character of neighborhoods, protect property values, and provide for the safety of the public.
The Zoning Ordinance should be consulted before:
- commencing any new residential or commercial construction
- planning the location of any new business or changing the use of any current business location
- placing a mobile home, storage shed, or garage on zoned property
- installing a swimming pool
- adding on to existing buildings
The burden of complying with the Zoning Ordinance falls on the property owner. A building or structure that does not comply with the Zoning Ordinance may have to be removed, at the expense of the owner. A copy of the current zoning ordinance is available at City Hall or by clicking on the link below.